Technical Sales Engineer-Projects
Fast growing Engineering Company in the South East of Melbourne is seeking the services of a technical sales engineer with experience in the metal fabrication and/or building construction industry to join the team.
The company is seeking an individual who can combine technical fabrication knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of projects and services. Clients are technical staff from project engineering and building companies who are involved with factories, public utility providers, government projects and power generation companies.
This role is a key point of contact for clients and provide both pre- and after-sales engineering and fabrication advice. You be liaising regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as design, purchasing, production and quality, as well as senior company managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximising client potential in designated regions;
• developing long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements;
• persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
• negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs;
• calculating client quotations and administering client accounts;
• providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services;
• analysing costs and sales;
• preparing reports
• meeting regular sales targets and coordinating sales projects;
• making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs;
• liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
• helping in the design of custom-made products;
• Working with Operations in delivering projects.
Skills and Experience
This position suits an individual who
• Has some knowledge and exposure in the Australian steel industry,
• Have an Australian trade or qualified engineering background
• Wants to move into a senior managerial role
• Is driven
• Understands the fabrication trade
The successful applicant will be an experienced technical sales person with a background in industrial project management, preferably associated with fabrication and estimation. We seek a highly motivated person who works well within a team and requires minimum supervision.
In addition you will be computer literate and possess sound written and verbal communication skills and have AutoCad or equivalent experience
On-the-job product training and market strategies/information will be provided.
All enquiries are to sent to :email@example.com
- S Prev